Techno VG Remix Compilation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Xelebes

Xelebes

Greenhorn

• Mitglied
  • 20 Beiträge
Hallo, kann ein Moderator ubersetz mein Post ins halb Englisch und Deutsch? Englisch-halb ist wichtig fur dich. Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut. :P

VG Remix Compilation - Techno

For those who don't know, TranceAddict.com made a trance set of remixes from various videogames, many of them big and boisterous themes, some of them being atmospheric tunes remixed into aggressive hard trance tunes and the sort. I'm thinking this site has enough producers to make a techno project work.

Being that I am a moderator from OCRemix.org, I thought I would help get this one started.

What this is:

A bunch of producers make tracks that are re-arrangements (key word here - one just does not simply sample, they must rework the melodies and harmonies and effects into a new piece.)

One the tracks have been produced, a dj then mixes the tracks together to make a set that is approximately long enough to fill a cd.

Rules for the Producer:

* A track is, most importantly, re-arranged. What this entails is that the melody be sequenced together and used appropriately. One may sample the melody for the track if, and only if, a sequenced melody is used in the production of the track. What this sequencing allows you to do is to have more fun with your synths and samples and to be creative with them.

* A track is not limited timewise, as we are assuming the dj is proficient enough at his work to handle any tracks that exceed 10 minutes or some ridiculously long tracks. Just keep in mind that the dj does not have all the time in the world to show your sequencing craziness. So general rule of thumb is 6 minutes. Common sense really. :banga:

Rules for the DJ:

* The set should be 60-80 minutes long.

* The DJ should be proficient at his skills to do the many tricks a techno dj is expected to do: beat-juggling, drops, rewinds and the whole gamut.

General Rules:

* We are generally looking for at least 7 producers (looking for a round number here :P ) to make this work. With 7 producers, it is expected that a few of them will contricute a couple tracks instead of just one.

* Along with that, we are looking at 12 tracks to be made. I'll accept as much as 18.

* With theme selection, please have the game known and where the track is found in the game. The theme selected should also be identifiable with the game - that is, with many probable minimalists here, we don't want to be selecting effects from NES games which are found in many games. There are some obvious exceptions to the effects rule as there are a few that are pretty recognisable. However, let's try to avoid the many permutations of a Mario Bros coin bling.

For those who are puzzled how monotonous techno can be used to such effect, please be reminded that techno is a varied genre that has seen many incarnations and does not necessarily exclude the use of bold melodies. We can have this quite varied - makes for a more interesting mix - and it can be a wild ride.

I'm not a dj, so I cannot provide any help for this in terms of spinning it together. However, I am a producer myself so I can help out with the production level of the project. Before I take away any potential tracks, I would prefer to see if there is any interest by this community to partake in this project.

Nein! Ich denke ich posten ins irren Forum.

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Xelebes bearbeitet: 14. Sep. 2007 - 05:08 Uhr

1 Besucher lesen dieses Thema

Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 1, unsichtbare Mitglieder: 0